2018 Visiting Fellowship with the Cambridge Institute for Public Policy
The Cambridge Institute for Public Policy (CIPP) welcomes applications for its inaugural Visiting Fellowship scheme for the academic year 2018/19.
The Fellowship is to support scholars, from within the University of Cambridge, who are seeking to develop the public policy dimensions of their research, and who wish to explore ways of promoting their findings in the policy world. The Fellowship allows individuals to reflect more deeply upon public policy aspects of their work, and provides opportunities for meaningful engagement with policy-makers and a chance to explore the potential of their research to achieve a wider impact.
Applicants should possess a PhD and hold an academic position at the University. 1
There are up to three Fellowships being offered for 2018-19, each for the period of one academic term only.
The CIPP Visiting Fellowship provides: 2
- Funding of up to £10,000, to support travel, research and policy engagement activities relating to the project that the Fellow will carry out during the Fellowship (as agreed with the Institute Director).
- Administrative support for the organisation of seminars, workshops and other activities (as agreed with the Director).
- Support to develop appropriate outputs designed to achieve impact among policy-makers.
- The opportunity to engage with the work programme of the Institute. It is expected that the Visiting Fellow will deliver at least one academic talk, make a significant contribution to at least one policy event and contribute to at least one particular Institute output.
How to apply for a CIPP Visiting Fellowship:
Please send an expression of interest to CIPP’s Administrator, Mrs Barbara Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2018. Applications will be considered by a panel appointed by the Director of the Institute. Shortlisted applicants may be asked to attend an interview. The successful candidates will be informed by 31st July 2018.
- Details of your current institutional affiliation and job title alongside your full CV.
- The names and contact details of two academic references in support of your application.
- A brief outline of no more than 1,000 words of your plans for your time as a Visiting Fellow, including an indication of the research project you will be working on, and your reasons for applying for a CIPP Visiting Fellowship.
- To be eligible an applicant must be either a researcher, academic or affiliated Lecturer from within the University or a Cambridge College.
- Please note that Fellowships cannot be used to attain a buy-out or provide living expenses, to secure desk or office space within the Department or to secure an affiliation with a Cambridge College.